not waving but drowning

• 10th June: any advice?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today, my dad would have been 79.

I feel as if I should be FEELING something on his first 'missed' birthday, but I don't feel anything at all. When we went back to my parents' house a few days ago, I tested my reaction (none, really) and am puzzled by it. I think about him from time to time, and have occasionally thought of buying something he would like, or telling him something only he would 'get', but that seems…

• because I can't think of anything helpful to say to Hilary (or anybody else!)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I can't imagine the horrendousness of having cancer myself. I can, of course, send hugs and love and hope this photo of my stepgrandson and Wee Dug searching for The Meaning Of LIfe makes somebody smile.

love to all my new mac family

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• and now, as promised, Jubilee Japanese Unicyclists

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Random, or what? (They were very good but we still don't know WHY).

• a step further

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dad-in-law is booked in for a week of respite care starting on Monday 11th June... This is quite a startling development as J's sister hadn't been considering it until much later, but she has set it up.

J and I were in Derbyshire visiting his brother and the 2 blokes were of one mind, that 24/7 care is needed NOW for their dad, but sister wasn't of the same opinion. They all spoke by phone (conference-call style…