Marshax2's blog

• Skin cancer kills

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Cancer Research UK and the Merseyside and Cheshire Cancer Network have joined forces to promote a melanoma awareness campaign in our local area http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/healthyliving/sunsmart/skin-cancer-facts/skin-cancer-kills/?a=5441 Whilst it's great to see something being done, I really do feel they have missed the boat here. The campaign is targetting middle-aged men, (statistically more men will die from…
  • How do I make people understand?

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Went out with my two best girlfriends last night, and as it so often does, the conversation turned to cancer. One of them has recently become an expert on it since her long estranged half sister recently passed away from lung cancer and her sister in law has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and will shortly be starting chemotherapy. She's been given odds of 70%+ survival over 10 years, with an extra 6% if she…
  • Clear out the clutter

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    It's 3 months since my dad died and the first time I've spent any length of time at mum's house. Before you think I'm a bad daughter, I have taken up the mantle of Sunday lunch, although luckily it's usually only mum and not the siblings and their partners that turn up, and she comes over one night in the week for tea, also as oldest but not nearest offspring, I usually receive and respond to those early evening calls…
  • Stage 3 Melanoma and oncology

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Not blogged before, but felt I needed to get this off my chest, or vomit, one of the two, so I'm going for the less stressful option. Had my first real oncology appointment today, the previous two having been to discuss the clinical trial that I've been entered into, and on which I've received the "observation" arm and not the trial drug. I was early for my appointment, which was probably the first of morning outpatients…