Marshax2's blog

• A day in the life of a lump

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Wow! It's been a day and a half!! Had my CT scan yesterday, pelvis, groin and chest. One of my better CT experiences, the technician knew what he was doing and managed to find a vein with ease (it's taken 20 minutes in the past). Today I went for the results, but first I had to walk the dog, shower, put some washing on, catch up on the ironing, do an emergency dash to the hospital to rescue the other half's dad's…
  • A lump's progress....

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well this week has had it's up and downs. On Wednesday I went for my long awaited appointment with the consultant oncologist to discover what thoughts he had about my enlarged lymph node. I got to the hospital early, as I always do, and was the only person in the waiting room. Sat down and read a magazine, the usual out of date ones! My heart sank when the same registrar I saw 3 weeks ago (the one that couldn't decide…
  • My lump and I

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well me and lumpy groin are just back from oncology. You will recall that the ultrasonographer proclaimed my lump to be just an enlarged lymph node, which surprised and concerned me, since I had the lymph nodes in my groin removed in February 2008. Today I saw a member of my consultant's team and she agreed that it is a bit suspicious and requires further investigation. However, she didn't want to order up any further…
  • Round and round we go!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well just back from my ultrasound, following the discovery of a lump in my groin. The same side that I had the lymph node dissection last year. And it's a..........swollen lymph node!! Wasn't quite expecting to hear that! Got an appointment with the oncologist next week, so expect I'll find out more then. I suppose until then I can live in hope that it's a stray solitary lymph node trying valiantly to clear the lymphoedema…
  • Paranoid malignant melanomaiac!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Sixteen months on from my groin dissection for melanoma, I've spent the last few weeks stressing about a lump in my groin, is it there, isn't it there? Is it a lump, isn't it a lump? I'm sure you all know the routine. Headaches have abounded, and I've lost a stone in weight since my hysterectomy in March... ok ok 7lbs of it was down to large fibroids, but the other 7lb has been involuntary and at any other time in…