dizzywench's blog

• Rough Patch

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Chemo was cancelled on Thursday as bloods too low again. They were only 1 and need to be 1.5 so I get a week off, oh joy. So why does the pain start? I dont get it. I have excruxiating pain in the lower part of my back and my tummy area. I even dipped into my liquid morphine today which I've been putting off. Will go to the GP as I dont think I could wait another three weeks before my next CT scan to see if somethings…
  • Pink Ladies

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Had a fab day on Sunday whilst doing the Race for Life. Raised over £2500 for Cancer research uk and £800 for our local hospital. It was very empotional, very poignant and we all cried a little bit. (I cried alot) Although we walked the walk we ran the last 200 yards and crossed the finish line all holding hands together - it was great. So thank you to my girlfriends for supporting me and thank you for all the donations…
  • Back Home to real life and new opportunities

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well its now June 2nd and Tenerife seems like an age away already!!!! I miss the Bacardi Mohitos!! The holiday was just what we needed and chemo started again last Thursday and so far so good. No chest pains, no problems and feeling fab at the moment. I cant live without omeprazole though so stomach acid has a big effect on my well being. I am concentrating on my fundraising for Race for Life, so far its £1600 for…
  • Tenerife

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi all, feeling a tad guilty but I am in Tenerife with my wonderful hubby having a well deserved break. The sun is glorious and so is the scenery. Off chemo for the moment but will be ready for the onslaught when I get back. Feels better just getting away from it all. Love to all x x Joanne
  • Laughter and doubts

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I have just come back from a Truckfest weekend in Peterborough. I have had a wonderful weekend with friends and enjoyed every minute. (didnt enjoy being cold in the caravan though but it was better than a tent) Even went on the fun fair. Everyone was getting ready to catch my wig but it stayed on, thank god. Its been the most normal weekend that I have had since January and I cant thank my friends enough. I do feel…