Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Top tips for self care

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week’s Self Care Week, a week that focuses on embedding support for self-care across all walks of life. To recognise the week, our fantastic Social Media team have tweeting their top tips on looking after yourself. We’d love to hear yours too, so go ahead and share them in the comments below.

• If you're finding things tough, it can help to take things one day at a time and not look too far ahead. You…
  • World Vegan Month - Alice's Vegan Pumpkin Spiced smoothie recipe

FormerMember
    FormerMember

November is World Vegan Month - a time to celebrate how far veganism's come in recent years, and a time to share vegan tips and recipes with those interested in the movements potential benefits. Our Online Community's resident dietitian, Alice, has taken the time to write about why veganism's grown so rapidly in popularity, its benefits, and she's also shared a rather tasty 'Vegan Pumpkin Spice' smoothie (trust me, I…

• World Hello Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today, November 21st, is World Hello Day – a day to promote peace, bridge barriers and make a difference to someone’s day through a simple ‘hello’. To recognise the World Hello Day, I thought it’d be a great idea to put a Macmillan spin on the day by sharing a couple of soundbites and pieces of feedback for the Community that illustrate how a simple greeting and the friendliness of one user to another – someone they’ve…