Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• "How my world changed overnight - thanks to you, Paddy."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Saturday, October 20th marked the start of International Brain Tumour Awareness Week, and to recognise this, Paula, one of our brilliant Online Community users, has agreed to share her story and experience.

Well, where to begin ... I’m single, 46 years old, and in February 2018 I saw my GP who thankfully, due to his quick thinking and concern SAVED MY LIFE! He rushed me into hospital where within 4 hours I was told…

• Movember - "I think it was being able to tell her how I was feeling ... that gave me great comfort."

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It’s November, which also means it’s Movember – that time of the year when gents all over the world commit to growing luxurious and stylish upper lip ‘jackets’ (or ‘moustaches’) to raise awareness and funds for various men’s health issues.

We’re lucky enough this month to have Rob, one of our wonderful Online Community members, share his experience with prostate cancer,…

• Silver Linings - Nicky's story

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A couple of weeks ago I received a lovely letter from a lady called Nicky, who'd included in this letter a short story called 'Silver Linings'. I found the story such a positive and optimistic read that I had to share it with the Online Community. Nicky shares with us her story from an initial diagnosis, to present day where she's 3 years on from surgery. What struck me was how Nicky was able stay so positive…