Cella's blog

• I'm tired

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I completed my 9th thoracentesis today. I am pretty tired of them I get sooooooo anxious before them, for anticipated pain, whether it's there or not. My pressure goes sky high, my fingers turn a lovely dusky shade of gray/blue from taking such shallow breaths on top of shallow breaths. My hands shake some and I jump a bit whenever the doc touches me. You would think I would be accustomed to it, but I don't think…
  • Kezzer...

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Rob's comment to the reporter re: why he had his back waxed brought tears to my eyes. Your blog of your vacation brings to light how cancer makes even the smallest of things large...maximizes life's events like nothing else can...almost teaches us how to REALLY live a life so it is full and with depth, and with quality. I think we are ALL enjoying your vacation :) I would love to see a pic of you in those snazzy thigh…
  • How frustrating

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I called yesterday to get an appointment for Friday to have a thoracentesis so I could breathe normally again. Nothing new or unusual with this request. I get 'tapped' about once a week until this chemo kicks in and I go for longer periods of time until there is zippo fluid to drain off my lungs. Well, I am told there is no appt. open until Tuesday AM. I guess they can't/don't want to squeeze me in any more. I wanted…
  • Toot Toot:Next stop...hypertension!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Sure enough, if there was going to be an issue with hypertension once I received the avastin, I was going to have hypertension! Of course, why not?? I have had all the other side effects one could have for ANYTHING...for ALL of it! All aboard the 'adverse reaction' express!! Sooo, now I take lisinopril. Or, I WILL be taking it as soon as hubby gets it for me after work. Okay, what's my gratitude?? That there is…
  • Feeling more like myself now

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    The desens chemo over now and I am finally feeling a bit more like myself. My bowels don't want to cooperate exactly, but I haven't been eating like my old self either. The bowel meds they gave me were AWFUL. Bloating, gas...no way for me. I feel that way already!! Lots of water is doing the trick for now. I am on the avastin trial and have to watch my blood pressure each day. I run a wee bit high anyway so I purchased…