binnie's blog

• Please help me

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Please god help me and my mum. I have just rung Christies hospital and was worried as mum still keeps getting a temp about 38.7. It goes back down again with paracetomol for about 9 hours and then it has started being about 6 hours or less. I spoke to a HTU registra and she said your mum is on pallative care as we can't do anything else for her. I said what about the trials she can go on. But she said she can't have intensive…
  • Mums appointment today

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi All, Mum has been to the hospital today and even though the news wasn't good, it wasn't exactly bad either. The doctor said mums blasts were 18% on wed last week, then they had jumped to 30% by friday. She has had chemo tablets twice a day, but today the blasts were at 33%. So they hadn't gone down, but they also hadn't jumped up as much as they did from the wed to the fri. So hopefully the tablets will start to do…
  • The Bloody thing is back AML

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hiya All, I have some sad news I'm afraid and I feel absolutely gutted. My mums appointment was today and her blood tests have shown the bloody leukaemia is back. Well I knew it might come back one day, but to be honest I didn't think it would be so soon. The consultants are getting together within the next few days and they are going to decide what to do next. At first the doctor said it could be a matter of months…
  • Chat with Mum

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Just got off the phone with mum who has finished her consolidation round of chemo Saturday 10th Jan 09. She is still in Christies hospital in Manchester and is doing extremely well. Mum was in such a bubbly mood it so was lovely. She was showing off how much she had eaten today, even though it wasn't a lot, it was better than some days. She said she had been on her bicycle in the bathroom!!! I didn't even know she had…