binnie's blog

• I feel angry at the District Nurse

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    As some of you may know, my mum is currently ill with AML, Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. She is on Hydroxycarbamide Chemo tabs and they have upped to help the blasts go down. She is really struggling to eat and even though she is having really small amounts, she is still drinking liquids. She is in bed most of the time as she feels too weak to get out. She keeps getting stomach cramps and is sometimes sick after eating. We…
  • Please help me pray my mum will be ok

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    As some of you may know, my mum is currently suffering with AML, Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. She was in total remission for about 5 months, then relapsed in June 09. Since then she has had shingles, which she stil has. She has slight pneumonia, which has gone. Blisters on her tongue, blister on the roof of her mouth with fungal stuff in it. Maybe a prolapse, which now nurses think it could be haemmoroids. She hasn't eaten…
  • Maybe some good news

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Another appointment for mum today. She went friday and even though she didn't really need any blood, they gave her some. She went back Monday expecting to have some more, but didn't need any, She went back today and didn't need any again :) The doctor was very pleased with mums progress. He mentioned that she may be suitable for a new drug for AML in Sept sometime. Not sure about anymore, don't know what it's called…
  • Living on the Rollercoaster

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Mum & dad have just spent almost 6 hours in the hospital and mum had one blood transfusion. They said they haven't time to do anymore today, so they have to go back on Monday. But they also say she didn't really need any blood, but was giving it her anyway as her blasts have risen a bit since Monday. She also needed more platelets. They have again upped her dosage of chemo to 6 tablets a day. Now she was on six before…
  • Blasted Blasts, go away

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    After lowering mums dosage of oral chemo tablets, the blasts have gone to 15%, when last week they were 0.7%. So the doc has upped her chemo slightly by an extra pill a day and back on the steroids. On Saturday she felt fine and was eating, then yesterday she felt so tired and couldn't eat. Maybe that was in anticipation of going for todays blood tests. She always gets nervous before her appointment, as would anyone.…