Messaging or posts

Guys

can you flag a message to a particular person or persons? Ie can you @username them to forward or highlight to someone?

Can you flag a posting to more than one person? 

ta. 

• Hi Rameses,

It’s Megan here from Macmillan’s Online Community team. Thank you for posting your question, I’d be happy to help you and I hope the following information is useful and answers your question.

You can tag members in your posts by putting an ‘@’ symbol and then start typing the username with no spaces.

As you are typing the username, it will usually bring up a list of usernames to choose from. Then you can select the person you wish to tag in your post.

The reply box with a member being tagged

You can tag multiple people in your post, but there needs to be a space between each username that is tagged.

There’s a ‘How to use mentions and tag members’ section in our help pages which includes further step by step guidance.

You asked if you could forward a post to someone. There isn’t currently an option to forward private messages or posts to members. Should you wish to make someone aware of a discussion thread or post, you are welcome to post in all the discussions on the site and tag them.

I hope the above information helps and do let us know if you have any more questions or need some additional support using the site.

The Online Community team is here to help so don’t hesitate to let us know if there’s anything else we can do. Alongside posting here in the technical help section, you’re welcome to email community@macmillan.org.uk.

Best wishes,

Megan
    Macmillan’s Online Community team

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team

• Meg

Thats great. Thanks for the quick response, really appreciate it. 

Take care guys,

Rameses. 

• No problem, I'm glad I could help. Slight smile

I hope you're finding the Community to be a comforting source of support as our Community groups are safe spaces to talk about your personal experiences.

If there's anything else we can do to support you, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team