Icons

At the end and underneath my posts I see icons, sometime a heart with a number, some times a hand with and erect thumb? why?

• Hi ,

Thank you for asking a question in our ‘Technical support group today. My name is Rachel and I work as part of the Community team here at Macmillan.

So the icons that you are referring to Ulls, are in fact our ‘Reaction’ buttons. In our recent batch of Community improvements, we introduced Community reactions which allow you to interact with other members of the Community in a new way.

Underneath each post you will see the ‘React’ button next to the reply button. When you click ‘React’ you will be given these icons to chose from:

Our reaction buttons

Simply click on the icon you want to use and you will have 'Reacted' to the post. If you’ve selected an icon by mistake, you can remove the icon by clicking the 'Remove' button. The ‘React’ button changes to ‘Remove’ once you have reacted to a post.

The numbers you are referencing actually show how many people have reacted to a post, and which reaction they have selected.

For example, on the below post you can see the word 'React' followed by the ‘Like’ and ‘Hug’ symbol and then the number 2. This means two members have reacted to this post, one has ‘liked’ the post and one has send a ‘hug’.

The react button with the symbols of those who have already reacted.

To see which member has reacted to your post and what reaction they have selected, click on the symbols and a list will appear showing the usernames of those who have reacted, as well as which reaction they selected.

I hope you find our reactions a useful way to interact with members and offer support. 

I also hope the above is useful and helps to answer your question Ulls. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. You can either respond to my post with another question – or email the team directly at community@macmillan.org.uk

Kindest regards, 

Rachel
    Macmillan's Community team 

• No problem at all - if you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

Take care, 

Rachel
    Macmillan's Community team