Uploading a photo from file

How can I upload a photo from my library (iPad) to comments on forum 

• Hi

My name is Steph and I am part of the Community team here at Macmillan. Thank you for your question and I hope the below instructions are helpful.

You should be able to insert a photograph into a post by clicking the ‘Insert’ button in the text editor and then selecting ‘image/video/file’ from the dropdown menu, as shown below:

Screenshot showing the insert image button.

Once you have clicked on ‘Image/video/file’, the below pop up will appear:

Screenshot showing the upload button.

You can then either insert a link to a webpage or choose an image or file to upload from your device by clicking the ‘upload’ button.

If you are ever using a mobile phone to access the Community, simply click the image icon in the text editor when writing your post, as shown below:

Screenshot showing the upload image icon.

You might find simply copying and pasting an image works better for you. You can find instructions around how to paste on an iPad from the Apple support pages here.

I hope that the above information is useful and that you continue to find the Community to be a place of comfort and support.

If you have any further questions about uploading an image onto the site, or about our Community Guidelines. Please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. You can either reply below to ask a further question, or email the team directly at community@macmillan.org.uk.

The Community team aim to support all our members as best we can, so if there is anything we can do to help – do let us know.

Kindest regards,

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • Awh thanks! I’m such a thickie! Kissing heart

• Hi 

Thank you for getting back to us, my name is Rachel and I work alongside Steph here on the Community team. 

Not at all Mazz! We know it can be a little fiddly to upload a photo sometimes, so I'm really glad to hear it worked. If you have any further issues uploading an image, or need any more support using the Community - please don't hesitate to get back in touch. 

You can either post another question here in our 'Tech support' group, or email the team directly at community@macmillan.org.uk

Take care, 

Rachel
    Macmillan's Community team