I cannot seem to reply and am not sure if I may have unintentionally pressed a flag report a response to my question - which would not be what I wanted to do at all

I could not get the reply button to work, and think I may have pressed “a report to moderator” button instead - which would be completely inappropriate of me to have done and was a mistake made in trying to use this service.

• Hi 

Thank you for posting a question in our Technical support’ group today. My name is Rachel and I work as part of the Community team here at Macmillan.

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having some problems using the reply button Mrs.C. I can appreciate that sounds frustrating and I will do all I can to help today.

Firstly, do you mind letting me know what device you are using to access the Community? Are you using a mobile, laptop or tablet?

Before you can reply to any member on the Community, you will need to be logged into the site first. To check to see if you are logging in, take a look at the top right-hand corner of your screen. You should be able to see your profile picture along with the buttons to take you to your notifications, private messages, and bookmarks.

If you are using a mobile to access the site, you will need to click the down arrow in the top right-hand corner of your screen first before you will be able to see your profile picture.

If you don’t see your profile picture, but instead a ‘person icon’, you will need to log into the site by clicking on the ‘person’ icon and following the on-screen instructions.

Once you are logged in, you should be able to reply to members’ posts by clicking the ‘Reply’ button underneath the post you would like to respond to.

I can see that you have recently responded to this discussion in our Skin cancer group Mrs.C. Was this discussion where you encountered the problem with the reply button?  

I also want to reassure you that if you pressed the ‘Flag to moderator’ button in error, that’s not a problem at all. When any member clicks the ‘Flag to moderator’ button underneath a post, the online Community team get alerted to this post and we can then quickly see if any action needs to be taken in accordance with our Community Guidelines, or if the post was flagged in error.

If the post was flagged in error, the team won’t take any action. Please know as well that our moderation system is completely confidential. This means that if you flag another member’s post in error, that member won’t know their post has been flagged, or by who.  

I hope the above information is useful but if you have any further questions, or need any support at all, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. You can either reply to my post below, or email the team directly at community@macmillan.org.uk

Kindest regards,

Rachel
    Macmillan’s Community team