Edit a reply

Hi can you edit a reply? I must have tapped on an emoji on my tablet without realising & shows on my reply. Feel awful looks disrespectful.

• Hi ,

Thank you for your question, my name is Rachel and I work as part of the Community team here at Macmillan.

I firstly want to say that I was sorry to hear that accidentally reacting to a post caused any distress. Here on the team we want all our members to have a positive experience of using the Community and we hope they find it a place of comfort and support.

Underneath any post on the site, members are able to click the ‘React’ button which allows them to choose from one of our 4 reactions – Like, love, sad, hug.

This is a way to show support to other members without having to write a reply. If you find you have accidentally reacted to a post and would like to undo the action, simply click the ‘Remove’ button underneath the post as shown below.

Screenshot of the Remove button

When you click ‘Remove’ this will undo your reaction so that other members won’t be able to see that you have reacted to the post.

I hope that the above information is useful and helps to reassure you that you can always undo a reaction straight away if you have reacted in error.

I also wanted to provide some information today about how you can edit the wording of your post as well as undo reactions Togger.

If you have started a discussion on the Community, or replied to another member and would like to edit what you have said, you can do so by clicking on the ‘More’ button underneath the post and then clicking ‘Edit’ as shown below:

Screenshot of the More and Edit button

Once you click ‘Edit’ the text editor will appear again and you can delete and edit any wording you would like to.

I hope that the above information is useful and that you continue to find the Community a place of comfort and support.

If you have any further questions, or need any support, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch. You can either reply to my response below, or email the team directly at community@macmillan.org.uk.

The Community team aims to support all our members as best we can, so if there is ever anything we can do to help – please do let me know.

Take care,

Rachel
    Macmillan’s Community team

• Hi Rachel,

Thank you for getting back to me & explaining how to edit etc. I should have been able to work that out, maybe I would have if my head was in a different place.

I haven't been on this site long but hoping it helps me cope with everything so thank you for the supportive caring work that you all do.

Many thanks,

Togger

• Hi Togger, 

It's Megan here who works alongside Rachel as part of Macmillan's Online Community team. It's good to hear that the information Rachel shared was helpful and we hope that you'll find the support you're looking for here on the Online Community. 

If you do have any further questions for us, please don't hesitate to reach out to the Online Community team again. You can do so by replying to this post again or emailing Community@macmillan.org.uk

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team

• Thank you Megan, please don't stop doing what you do. My journey has only just started but feel you guys are my only lifeline at the moment X