Change user name

Hi, is it possible to change my user name? I just created my account but think my username could identify me in real life so would like to change it? Thank you 

• I know the answer to this!  You can't do it yourself, under profile settings, but if you email the moderators they will do it.  I found the answer once in the help guide as I was considering same (but never did it) for the opposite reason - my new name was possibly too similar to my email address.  

• Thank you Relaxed️ I will email moderators xxx

• Hi MrsRR, 

It's Megan here from Macmillan's Online Community team. Thank you for posting here in our Technical help section, it's a place where members can ask the Community team for support with any technical issues, or for more general help with using the site.

If you haven't done so already, you're welcome to email community@macmillan.org.uk and a member of the team will happily help you with changing your username.

The Help pages have additional information with step by step guidance to support you using the Online Community, but if you need a helping hand using the site or finding additional support, please do get in touch with us. 

Alongside emailing the Online Community team, you can send a private message to the moderator account

I hope the above information is helpful and we look forward to hearing from you if there's something we can help with. 

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community team