Emails from community support

• How do I stop getting about 60 emails a day. 
  • Hello 

My name is Steph and I am part of the Community team. Thank you for getting in touch, I can help with managing your email notifications.

You mentioned last month that you’d like to stop receiving emails from threads you joined three years ago. We explained that we can turn off all your notifications from the site if you would like us to do this, however, I’d like to explain how you can also manage your notification settings.

You can manage email notifications and live alerts in your settings by going to your profile and clicking the ‘settings’ button after clicking your profile picture. I’ve added an image below to help explain.

Online Community homepage with a red arrow pointing to the 'profile settings' button

When you click the ‘settings’ button, you will be taken to the page shown below. Here you can turn off all email notifications by unticking the ‘enable email’ boxes.

Profile settings page with a red circle around the notifications heading and two red arrows pointing to the email contact options

If you would like to manage your email and live notifications, you need to click on the ‘notifications’ tab circled in the image above. When you click this, you will see a list of options. On the right-hand side there will be boxes ticked or unticked for email and live alert. You can change these preferences to suit you. Just to explain, ‘live alerts’ is the notifications you will received when logged into your Online Community account.

Member's profile notifications settings page

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to reply or send an email to community@macmillan.org.uk. We’re here to help members use the site and find the support they are looking for, so if there’s anything else we can do to help, just let us know.

Best wishes, 

Steph
    Online Community Officer