Keep getting bumped out of website

Why is it that whenever I go back to my page to answer posts, I am logged out and then I can’t find where I was on the site to return to my page?

• Hi Giuliella, 

It's Megan here from Macmillan's Online Community team. Thank you for posting your question in our technical help section, I'm sorry to hear that you keep getting logged out of the site when replying to posts. I'd like to provide the following information in the hope it answers your question. 

You should only be fully logged out of the site after 24 hours where you'll be prompted to log in again, this is to protect your privacy and Community profile.

During the 24 hour period, if you haven't logged out manually but have lost internet connection with the site temporarily, the site will stop you from posting. Usually you can refresh your browser and be logged straight back to post if it was a drop in connection, then it should take you back to the page you were on before you have refreshed the page.

Are you experiencing anything different to this? If so, please could you share some more information with us. We want to log and fix any technical bugs to get them looked into as soon as possible. Any additional information, including screenshots, please contact community@macmillan.org.uk.

Members do have an option to bookmark discussion threads in the different Community groups so they can easily find discussions they are interested in following. Should you want to use this feature, there's some guidance for using bookmarks in our Help pages here

I hope the above information is useful and don't hesitate to get back in touch with more questions or information. 

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team

• Thank you for the explanation, I guess it’s because I was not on the site for 24 hours and that’s why I got logged out.  I have bookmarked my page, so thanks for that, as I hope to find my place easier next time round.  I actually don’t have a clue how to refresh my browser on my iPad, but I will ask a friend, thanks.

Regards, Giuliella.
  • Hi Guiliella, i'm glad the information I shared was helpful. I don't think I mentioned but you can bookmark as many pages as you wish to so you can find where you want to be on the site. 

When it comes to refreshing your internet browser using an iPad, you'll need to click the button similar to the one i've circled in the image below. It may look different depending on the internet browser you are using but will usually be near the website URL. 

Online Community homepage with a red arrow and circle highlighting the refresh button near the URL

I hope this helps Giuliella and please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions or need further help using the site. 

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team