Moderated

I have just posted in the head and neck section, a message came up saying, all posts are moderated, I have never had this happen before. Is this a new thing to the site?

Thank you Ray.

• Could you please let me know, why I have two of my posts, moderated today?

Thank you Ray.

• Hi Ray,

Thank you for sending us a question, I'm Eliza from the Community team. I'm sorry that you may have felt confused by seeing a message around being moderated and I'm glad you got in touch with us.

Posts on the site aren't pre-moderated. There are reasons why members might see a message around a post being moderated on the site. This can happen if a post has been automatically taken off the site temporarily by our moderation filter. Our moderation filter automatically takes posts off the Online Community which use certain words as a security feature. 

Posts are also temporarily taken off the site if a member presses the "Flag to moderator" button underneath the post. When you try to view a post that has been moderated, you will see a message which says "content under review."

The Community team are active every day on the site. Part of what we do is ensure that any posts that have been put into our moderation filter accidentally, can be put back on the site as soon as possible. 

I hope this helps to explain a bit more around why you saw this message, and you've continued to find comfort and support from the Online Community. If you have any further questions or if you'd like further support, please remember you can also reach us over email at community@macmillan.org.uk

Best wishes,

Eliza

Macmillan Community team

• I have 'caught' by accident too many times Triumph when using my mobile. I really think you need to consider putting this function in the 'more' catagory the hopefully only genuine concerns will get "flagged to moderator' 

Rant over

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hello 

Thank you for getting back in touch to share your concerns. 

I hope it reassures you to know that only a few posts are accidentally flagged and most are approved straight back onto the site. The 'flag to moderator' is on our list of concerns reported by members and we will continue to review the situation.

To keep the Community safe, it's really important that the 'flag to moderator' button is easy to find so that members are able to easily flag any posts which concern them. 

We are looking into how we can improve the 'flag to moderator' system but changes to the site can take time to implement.

Thanks again for taking the time to report this, we really appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • Thank you for your reply Steph Slight smileI had my thumb hovering over the screen on a post from 2 years ago and that was enough to trigger the 'flag' - it's so easy to happen and does make me swear Joy

Have a good day ButterflySunflower 

Tomorrow is another day
  • Hi

We're so sorry for any frustration it's causing you. We'll continue to monitor accidental flags and improving the Community for use across all devices. 

Hope you have a good day too.

All the best, 

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • I’ve just accidentally flagged some perfectly innocent person ( psa high after prostatectomy) . Can I undo it ? Feeling guilty

• Hi Bill2021, 

It's Megan here from Macmillan's Online Community team. Thank you for getting in touch to let us know you accidentally flagged a post to us. 

Please don't feel guilty or worry if this happens again, the Community team monitors the posts flagged to us throughout the day and will put anything that doesn't breach the Community guidelines back on the site. 

If there is ever anything on the site that causes you concern, please do let us know by using the flag to moderator button at the bottom of each post again. You're also welcome to email community@macmillan.org.uk

The Community team aims to support all our members so if there is anything else we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team