Please help... a lost soul on the Internet

FormerMember
FormerMember

Good morning, just a little aside - I've had a few problems finding my way around the website since I arrived. I wondered, just in case it was necessary, how does one delete one's account on this site? I've looked at all the settings and asked a lot of people but, so far, just mooted silence...

I'm sure I won't need to close my account just seeking assurance that should I need to I know how to go about it in a proper fashion. Most sites make it easy, you just go to 'settings' and there it is 'Close Your account' and you often get a pop up to make sure that your really really do want to close your account.

Well, you have to laugh when you get these little difficult  indignities, don't you? lol

Best....

• Hello FormerMember

I'm Steph from the Community team. Thank you for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear you've been having trouble finding your way around the site. We're here to help.

I hope you don't mind that we've moved your question into the Technical Help group, as this is the best place to ask questions about using the Community. We'd be pleased to help with any questions you might have. You can post in this group using the + button, just as you post in forums across the Community. If you'd like further help, please don't hesitate to ask.

You can also contact the Community team by email at community@macmillan.org.uk. The team are also available on live webchat Mon-Fri 8-8. You can access the webchat through the Community by clicking 'chat to us' towards the bottom right of the Technical Help page here.

We have a section about deleting your account in the Help pages here. We ask that you email the Community team at community@macmillan.org.uk to request account deletion. We aim to support members as best we can, so we ask that you tell us why you're wanting to delete your account so we can see if there's any further support we can offer. 

In the help pages, there are also step by step guides to using the Community and instructions of how to contact the team should you need further support. 

I hope this is helpful but please do let us know if you have any further questions, or would like help with anything on the site.

Best wishes, 

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Steph - Macmillan

Thank you so much for moving me around to the correct part of the site, Steph. These account deletion instructions are very clear and concise and I appreciate that. If and when the time comes to delete my account, I will write and ask the Community Team to do the job, in fact I think I'll ask for you personally. Best wishes back at you. In the meantime I'm trying to get a feeling for your sense of humour - I'd love to make a Laughter is the Best Medicine post stick ThumbsupPray

• I'm struggling to log on and can't post my entries.

Kath
    "don't think about tomorrow"

• Hi KathH2,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having issues with logging onto the site and posting replies. Please email the following information to Community@macmillan.org.uk and we can look into this for you. 

• Device and internet browser you are using to access the site
    • Are you seeing any error messages when logging onto the Community?

If you have any screenshots or additional information you wish to share with us, it will be really useful for us to help understand what you are experiencing. 

We look forward to hearing back from you as we want to help you use the site and fix any issues that you are experiencing. 

Best wishes, 

Megan
    Macmillan's Online Community Team