new blog

I am trying to post a new blog but I keep getting a message that says 'an unknown error occurred while creating the application' what does that mean and what am I doing wrong that prevents me from posting?  It doesn't help that the process of actually creating a blog is so complicated why is this, why can't you just log on and go to blogs and post from there instead of this rigmarole of go to this, click on that, it really is very frustrating!  A much simplified way to post would be infinitely more satisfying, and probably encourage more people to post.

• Hi noggins63,

Thank you for getting in touch with your questions, my name is Megan and I work as part of Macmillan’s Online Community team. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve received an error message when trying to create a blog, would you be able to send us a screenshot of this to us either in a reply here or to community@macmillan.org.uk? Just so we can have a further look into this issue.

I’d like to also thank you for sharing your feedback on the whole process of creating a blog on the site. We realise that the experience of creating blogs is not as straight forward as we would like, and we’re looking into the different ways we can make this a simpler and a better experience for our members. We hope to be releasing some changes to this process soon, but in the meantime, I hope the following information is helpful.

You may have seen this already, but there is some information in our Help section where step-by-step guidance can be found about how to use blogs

I will include some step-by-step instructions below to hopefully help explain how to create your own blog space, if anything becomes confusing we are on live chat on this link here between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday. A member of the team will be happy to talk you through the process.

Step 1: Make sure you are logged into the site and click on the blogs page here. Click on ‘new blog’ under the heading create a blog. I have circled this below.

Step 2: You will then see a box named ‘applications’ pop up on your screen. This will be on your left hand side if using a desktop. Click on the blue ‘Add application’ button as circled below.

Step 3: When you click on ‘Add application you will need to select ‘add blog’.

Step 4: you will then be asked for a name which will be the name/title of your blog. The description can be left blank or a brief introduction about you can be included. This is up to you what you put in her.

Once you have done this, click the blue ‘save’ button at the top.

These steps should allow you to add your own blog to the site and as mentioned above you can always reach us directly with screenshots or further questions by email or on live webchat if you need any further support. 

Best wishes, 

Megan

Macmillan Community Team