Hi all new to all of this

• 18 replies
  • 6 subscribers

As 58 year old male I was given the news that my lymphoma is AITL seem like it’s quite rare I start chemotherapy tomorrow the CHOP there going to harvest some stem cells at some point on treatment any pointers on anything that helps get through the chemotherapy.My brothers have all offered donating there own stem cells not sure on that.

• Good morning  this is good news, as my great SCN often said......"don't waste your time, indeed your life sitting around looking for side effects to come along as they may not"

Drinking is good and in turn this makes you go to the toilet a lot so this gives you exercise and exercise is so important as it helps control some of the fatigue and reduces your muscle mass wastage.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for advice just walked the block and was a bit puffed will try a bit further tomorrow 

• Day three and still feeling good only one side effect constipation so managed to get hold of some laxidoos to sort out walked the big block today and had a beer with the Mrs in a pub beer garden seems like day five on tablet calendar I start antibiotics is that standard.

• Well done again, constipation can be a challenge. I was told to take a Laxido am and pm everyday all the way through my months of treatment and up the amount if I felt I was getting constipated.

I was on various antibiotics (Co-trimoxzole (Septrin) and Clarithromycin) for over 4 years mainly as a precaution especially for things like chest infections and bacterial infections.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• I’m on Levofloxacin no beers for me for five days the effects sound horrendous 

• Yes there are some down sides from having the protection of some of these meds….. small price to pay.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Next week is round two of chemotherapy today I have notice some hair in all departments that I am seeing just as well I purchased them baseball caps . Really thought I was going to get through this wi hair loss but maybe not

• Looking at the big picture it’s a small price to pay.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge