Hi there my name is Helen I am new and a Bit nervous to be joining, I was diagnosed with waldenstroms microglobanemia am currently on a small dose of chemotherapy and I go I once a month to get immunoglobuli me and a toxic nebulizer which I get tomorrow,

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Sorry am not doing this properly, am not feeling great and am having a terrible time with my neighbours who are alcoholics am piling my hair out. I have a very rare form of blood cancer and I just feel so down and alone, I need some help plz. The name of my cancer also is lymphoma but I don't understand as it's waldenstroms as well alone with lymphoplasmatic microglobanemia, I am not concentrating enough my heads all over the place. Can anyone help?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I currently can't take the big chemotherapy as they say my bodies not well enough as I too nutrapenic sepsis msg before Xmas last year B but I feel scared really scared of this cancer, am full of anxiety and I have a multitude of other health problems. For 8 years I after being in a coma with 3 deadly infections, but I was taking up to 18 serious pneumonia s s year it's been a long road. I got my diagnosis 2years ago as it's a slow growing cancer but now it's more aggressive. They had to cut my code of chemo in half due to my skin severely burning and an serious rash which is horrible, am in a very low mood as I feel am not being told th extent of my condition

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am am always sorry to see folks finding us and so sorry to hear about your WM (Non Hodgkins Lymphoma NHL) diagnosis.

A blood cancer diagnosis brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helps a lot.

There are over 60 types of Lymphoma and WM is one of them. I was diagnosed with another rare type of NHL back in 1999 so I do understand the journey you are on.

It would be good to talk with others so can you please join our Non-Hodgkin lymphoma group as this is the place where you will connect with others walking the treatment journey both as patient or family.

Follow the link I've created above then choose ‘click to join' when the page opens.

You can then introduce yourself and post questions selecting '+New' or '+' (depending on your device) you can copy and paste the information from this first post and also join in with existing discussions by clicking on 'reply'. 

It’s always good to talk - our Macmillan Support Services provides lots of ways to connect. The service is open every day 8am to 8pm and it's free to call. Clicking here will give you more information.

You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

I will keep an eye open for you in the NHL Group and once you join it would be good to tell us all the throes of treatments you are having.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Click to see how to add some details to your profile

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge