Being paranoid, has it changed??

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hi me again,

I've been looking at my bcc spot everyday since I found out it is what it is (partly hoping it will disappear silly I know, partly just checking, being paranoid!) As well as looking to see if I can see anymore unusual sports/marks!

(Think I may have a tiny one on the side of my nose where my glasses sits, just slightly bigger than a pin dot!)

It looks a little different, like its 'getting better' still there but different if you know what I mean.

Can bcc look like it's getting better, than change to look bad or bleed and itch, thinking about it it seems to do this alot! 

Finding it still itchy at times tho 

Thanks 

• Hi

Firstly, you're not being paranoid it's just that having found one BCC you're much more conscious of any blemishes you find on your skin. It's perfectly natural and we all do it!

BCCs have lots of different 'looks' and your description of it getting better, then getting worse, then getting better again is certainly something that a BCC can do. However, other skin problems can also do the same thing so it might not be another one. To put your mind at rest one way or the other it would be a good idea to mention it to your GP.

Let us know what they say

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It’s interesting, I’m going through the same sense of worry. As I said earlier, I’ve had surgery on the left temple and it’s ok. Now I’ve noticed another lump on the other side, and I’m not sure what to do? I think I may leave it for a while and then contact my GP. I also feel like it is paranoia and I’m being daft. And with the current situation with corona it feels like I’m worrying unnecessarily and I shouldn’t trouble my doctor.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I felt that about going to my GP too, like in the grand scheme of things does my 'spot' on my face really warrant going or phoning the gp when theres other people fighting for their lifes?

I did say it to my dr, and she simple said she would rather me come to her and it be nothing then to leave it and be something that would lead me to be fighting for my life too! 

I think you should at lease phone them, and have a chat with them and tell them your concerns!

Turns out it is a bcc on the side of my check, but I know what shes saying! 

I phoned up the consultant and told him I was curious/slightly concerned about the spot on my face too, he said he will look at it and to send photos!

The spot on my nose, looked to me like a blood blister at first and just simple thought it was from my glasses as it just where my glasses sits on my nose. I didnt take much notice at first till I was told the spot on my face is bcc, but it looks like it has gotten a tiny bit bigger and seems more raised then it first was!

I'm hoping this is just me being overly paranoid, and it is just from wearing my glasses.

Hope you are doing good, 

Thanks for replying, talking to someone that is going thought something similar is helping 

Thanks, 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I feel the same it is really helpful knowing someone is going through the same thing. I probably will contact my GP. Nothing is ever straightforward is it! I hope you are ok.

take care.