Could this be possible skin cancer?

• 4 replies
  • 35 subscribers

I have a slightly dark patch on my leg and I'm starting to worry... if this isn't a great place to post this would it be possible to point me in right direction? Could it be possible skin cancer?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community

It's natural to be worried when you notice a change to your skin but the honest answer to "Could it be possible skin cancer" is that it's impossible for anyone here to be able to say one way or another.

The best thing to do is to make an appointment to see your GP. If they think it needs investigating further they'll refer you to a dermatologist.

Do come back and let us know how you get on when you see your GP.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• I just got diagnosed with SC after several checks from my GO who indicated no concerns. Only after using one of the.many self check cards from the NHS was I able to go back the third time and insist a referral. Got to see dermatologist 7 was later and they cut it out same day

Lab results confirmed stage 1A which to be honest was a relief. I think I knew all along but just took the GPS advice. 

My advice, if you are not happy, insist on a referral. Remember GOs aren’t always the expert

• GP and 7 weeks, sorry sausage fingers 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you have recently been diagnosed with SC. I'm not sure if you're using these initials to stand for skin cancer or squamous carcinoma (which is a type of skin cancer) but I'm assuming the former as, as far as I'm aware, squamous carcinoma isn't staged.

The fact you've given a stage makes me think that it's possibly melanoma that you've been diagnosed with. If I'm right, then can I recommend that you join us over in the melanoma group as you'll then connect directly with others who have this type of cancer and you can ask questions, share experiences and get support.

To join just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and any treatment you've had into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"