in turmoil due to biopsy results

• 12 replies
  • 127 subscribers

I don't know where to start with this as I haven't a clue where I stand at this present moment in time.

to cut a long story short,

In January my local Doctor took a blood test from me the result of which was my PSA level came back at 6o odd. This was to rise to 90 odd a fortnight later at my urology appointment.

since then I have been for MRI, Bone and CT scans which all indicate Prostate cancer. 

Since then I have had a local anesthetic Biopsy procedure (23 samples were taken from my Prostate), which to everyone's surprise came back negative, I was told by the Urology nurse that this can happen as the cancer could be deeper rooted and  they didn't get the sample they required.

I was then sent for another Biopsy procedure this time under general anesthetic, (nearly 3 weeks ago which they took another 23 samples from my prostate)

I have just had a call from the Urology nurse this afternoon telling me that the second lot of biopsy's have come back negative once again.

Has anyone else been through the same sort of situation 

I am in turmoil here, I was just getting my head around my Prostate cancer situation but I'm beginning to fear the worst,

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Update 

I spoke to the cancer care coordinator today she has informed me that there is a weekly meeting at the Freeman hospital on Thursday. My situation is number 1 topic of discussion as they have to formulate a plan for my treatment.

I will find out what this plan is straight away and a consultation will be planned in for next week where they will show me the results of all the scans.

Thank you all for the advice and positivity 

IanF

• Ianf ,

That sounds brilliant! Come back to us and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes 

LSlight smile