This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lung Cancer spread to Lymph nodes

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 105 subscribers

Hi all, my Dads been so poorly since end of March we recently had a diagnosis of NSCLC which has spread to Lymph nodes. We haven’t been given any dates or any sort of treatment Plan at the moment because he’s so poorly his calcium levels keep rising and he is in and out of hospital plus his haemoglobin levels keep dropping which then requires a blood transfusion. I’m absolutely terrified because he’s already lost nearly 4 stone and I’m worried he won’t be strong enough for treatment. 

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your dad has recently had a diagnosis of NSCLC but that his treatment hasn't started yet because he's too poorly.

It's natural to be scared and, although I don't have any experience with lung cancer, I do know how frightening a cancer diagnosis is both for the person with it and their family.

I can see that you recently put a similar post in the ask a nurse section of the website and I'm wondering if you've seen the reply. If not clicking here will take you straight to it. as the nurse who replied suggested to you, you can always phone the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 if you want to chat through how you feel. It's free to call and is available every day from 8am to 8pm.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join the Family and friends forum group as it's a safe and supportive place to share your worries about your dad. If this is something you'd like to do then  just click on the link I've created and choose 'click to join' on the page that opens.  

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your dad's journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• So sorry to hear this about your dad, I've nsclc in Lung and lymph nodes all I know it's stage 3 I am seeing my oncologist this Thursday and I know treatment plan is chemo and radio, I'm same I've lost so much weight, doctor has give me sachet to add to milk and they are building me up a bit, but I keep taking  diarrhoea which lasts maybe 3 days so I can't eat, I'm so terrible tired all the time  it's hard to stay positive, Iask your doctor for the wee drinks or sachets to try get his weight up a bit xc

•    I don’t know if you realise, but you have answered a post from over 4 years ago, and the member is no longer active on the site. 

If you want to start your own thread to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as you, you can go to the + at the top of the page and start a new thread. 

Good luck on Thursday at the oncology appointment. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge