Hodgkin lymphoma

• 46 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi everyone I am new to this site. I was only diagnosed Thursday.

• Thanks for your reply- not everone loses their hair when having chemo. Suggest wait until you are in the shower then when clumps come out- nip along to the hairdresser (I would suggest that first you dry yourself and dress - then nip along to the hairdresser - can be a bit nippy this time of year - it is of course up to you).

Pete + hugs X

• The nurse has said I will. Plus I have really long hair and I don't think I could cope with watching it come out in clumps. At least there will be less hair around the house as I mault like mad haha. Thank you for the advice though.

Suzanne x

• I did the same, I shaved them the day before my first chemo. 

I am now playing with different wigs when I am in the mood, otherwise I just wear a warm hat. 

• I've already ordered headscarves and the nurse said I can get a wig. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

• Yes! I had a wig from the hospital, very good one, similar to my old hair, I am so happy with it. But I also went to a big shop in Brixton and I bought different colourful wigs. It is funny to wear such colourful hair, it makes me happy. My friend also wants to wear them now, we want to make a wig party. 

• Yes I might go for something different. It is good you want to do fun stuff with them.

• Don’t panic too much, I would say at all but I know from first hand experience that is impossible. I was exactly where you are now in September 2020 . I got through 2 cycles of immunotherapy followed by 6 cycles of ABVD all in the middle of lockdown. My experience was yes chemo can be a bit rough at times and I got off light to be honest. Some people had a much rougher ride than me BUT the 6 people that were in the same treatment cycle as me are all still here. There is no such thing as a “good” cancer or an easy chemo treatment plan but if you look after yourself and do exactly what your team ask of you , then there is a very good chance you will be able to write a note like this in 3 years to someone starting out. Take care and this will pass . 

• Thank you I really appreciate your message. Glad to hear that it may not be too bad but do realise everyone is different.

• My worst days were always days 3 to 5 after each treatment . I always said this sucks but I bet it sucks far more for the cancer. Guess what I was actually right for once , it made me a bit rough buJoykilled the cancer . Yay Chemo Joy

• Can I ask you if it gets much worse after each treatment? I had only 2 sessions (1 cycle) and I will go next week for the next one. I found the second session more rough than the first one and I am not sure what to expect.

Thank you for you answers Rainbow