Finished week 3

• 44 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all,

just finished week 1. Yuppie Smiley 

it was interesting week as i had chemo first day, as you know. All was good, but today i am tired and salty taste in the mouth Confounded not nice, but thats part of the journey Wink 

spoke to my nurse and i find out how my haemoglobin dropped after my chemo, and have to check my blood again as next Tue seeing oncologist. 
she said is quit often happening, but bot straight away. Anyway, otherwise-i am tired, but ok.

if you have any tip pls share Pray 

love to all,

marta x

• Oh, thats great Thumbsup 

we could meet up! 
    There is amazing place (Maggies house) part of the hospital, donated architectural house, place for families to relax (have a tea/coffee, biscuits, there are specials to talk etc.). Make huge difference as coming from Twickenham in London, sometimes takes longer. 
    People are amazing Heart eyes cat 

pls. If you have any questions ask! Anything!!!

i must say how chemo took a lot as i was feeling  nauseous and I couldn’t eat. Food and everything was really stinky. Lost few kg which I shouldn’t.

Welcome to our little group!

Btw. There is H&N support group too 

• Make huge difference as coming from Twickenham in London, sometimes takes longer. 

Oh you’re from twickenham Marta. 

I lived in Teddington for 30 years 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Dani, wow Teddington…where did you moved? 

we moved from Kew Gardens (livid there for 16 years): to Strawberry Hill (as kids are going to the school here). 
    beautiful area, really enjoying Twickenham…

• Ha! I used to live in Richmond! I love that area - Twick./Ted/Rich - it has got the best of both worlds Slight smile

I hope you have a relaxing weekend and not feeling to sick to eat. well done on 1st week !

Helen x

• You too Helen?! 
    yes, it is… but, i had enough Joy 

Thanks Pray 

you are starring next Monday too?

good luck Four leaf clover

I will be then Week 3 yuppie 

• My surgery was in Stanley Road. My daughter went to St. Catherine’s then LEH. I sold up in 2007 moved to the Lake District for a few years then to wales. Second marriage after being widowed for 10 years. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge
  • So sorry Dani…

amazingly we are connected Stuck out tongue closed eyes 

St. Cathrine’s school is very good, few of my good friends daughters are there. My son is in the state Catholic school, newly inTwickenham (St. Richard Raynolds), and my daughter will start same primary in Sep. We are very happy with it, specially as they are having strong music department.

We were thinking to go “out” of London, but not having family around we like to be near good airport.

• Hi Heinze,

just quick message for you!!!

next Friday pls if you can come to Head&Neck group in Maggies house from 2-3pm. I will be there, even having RT at 10am. 

hope to see you x

• It’s a lovely part of suburbia. 

Dani 

Community Champion badge