I knew I should have had surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 25 replies
  • 72 subscribers

Hi all, not been on here for a long time as I have problems accessing the site now. I’m now 14-15 weeks post treatment and thought I was doing really well, back to eating more or less normally, even curry’s and crisps, orange is the only thing I’ve not been brave enough to try. Still have very little saliva despite only having treatment on one side, Had my MRI a few weeks ago and had a call today which has just thrown me into a spin, they said I’d had a good response with marked reduction in tonsil tumour and lymph node however there is still something there.  Scope a few weeks before that said no evidence of recurrence and I suppose that gave me a false sense of security, they now want to scope again in 3 weeks and another MRI in January, I feel like I can’t deal with any more waiting, I’ve just cancelled our Christmas plans as risk is still too high especially if it’s still there.  

My next question is, did anyone get extreme headaches as a side effect, they are not like conventional headaches, they last for around 10 seconds, around 12 times a day but they a literally blinding.  Also having extreme chest pain, which started before treatment but interesting went completely while I was peg feeding only, came back when I started eating orally.

Has anyone had anything similar, I don’t know where to turn, lockdown is so isolating

Pamela x