T4 N2 M0 adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi

i I am new here. Was diagnosed after an endoscopy in March. I had dysphagia, was originally diagnosed a T3 N2 M0. I’ve had 4 cycles of FLOT. 3 CT scans, 1 pet scan, and been for surgery, unfortunately surgery was unsuccessful as they found a slight spread. I was diagnosed T4 N2 M0 adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction after surgery. 

has anyone else been in my position? Looking for someone to chat to with a similar experience. 
thank you x

• I am T4 N2 M0. Told surgery unlikely due to spread. My treatment is FALFOX up to 12 cycles  + immunotherapy up to 2 years. just completed 1st session and stomach starting to work again with asophagus starting to open up slightly. I had completely closed asophagus so had jej feed pipe. Second session this Monday and have bloods later today.

• Hi 

Nice to meet you, have you had a biopsy done and did they look at your bio markers? 
    I have been offered chemo every 3 weeks and tablets every day. After 3 cycles they will do another CT scan to see how it’s going. 

I also couldn’t swallow as my oesophagus had closed. I have now got a stent which is rather uncomfortable. 

I wonder what’s the difference in our treatment plans. 

• I had biopsy from endoscopy. Had ct scan then pet scan Then had laparoscopy plus jej feed at Oxford. Chemo is at Swindon, I was fortunate to have the right condition for immunotherapy and FALFOX. If swallowing has not improved enough I may ask for stent, however oncology said improvement usually after second round. My energy levels are really low but at least I am getting 1500 calories a day from jej feed. Next oncologist meeting 27 September. Good luck with your treatment 

Tom

• I am her2 positive, are you? 
    also do you get any pains at all? 

• Yes I am Her2 pos so on immunotherapy with chemo. Hopefully you will also get immunotherapy. I not got much pain, chemo has sucked the energy out of me. If I do get any pain, which is near picc area, I usually take 1 soluble dissolved in cup paracetamol in jej pipe.

• Is jej a feeding tube? I wasn’t offered one. 
    do you mind if I ask your age? 
    I am 39. They also aren’t offering a picc this time. I am only having 3 cycles and then CT to check progress. I will be on tablets every day too. 

• A jej tube goes into stomach through stomach wall. A machine feeds jej. I get about 1500 calories a day though and also inject water and meds. At the moment, my oesophagus is blocked. If it wasn’t for jej I would be suffering from servire malnutrition. My age is 57. My treatment is FALFOX and immunotherapy.

• I hope your oesophagus opens up a bit from treatment. When was you diagnosed? Have you been given anything to boost energy levels at all? 

• Is jej a feeding tube?

'Jej' is short for 'Jejunostomy tube.' It's a feeding tube which is inserted through the abdomen, into the jejunum - which is the middle part of the small intestine.

My wife had Ivor Lewis surgery for oesophageal cancer, and had such a tube fitted as part of the surgery. For about six or so weeks after her surgery, she had daily feeds delivered via that tube. (Prior to the surgery, she'd been feeding exclusively via a nasogastric tube, for about four months.)

• My Chemo / immune has been stopped due to liver / bloods. Going to ask for palletive care, ask removing picc line and have stents put in food pipe. I can’t go on with jej forever, I want some quality of life.