New member in need of a friend

• 18 replies
  • 21 subscribers

Hello…I was diagnosed with CLL in April 2022 I was 55 years old,it was picked up during a routine blood test for an under active thyroid which I have had for years. Was a total shock, haematologists said to me in first consultation that of all the Cancers to have it is one of the better ones as it can be treated with tablet chemotherapy and I am on the watch and wait. I just find it is affecting me mentally always on my mind especially the lead up to my 3mth blood test and hospital visit. I would like to be in touch with people who are in the same situation. 

• Hi i can relate to you in so many way's i to have CLL for me it's knowing that i have Cancer and there's no getting away from it I'm having blood checks every 6 monthly. i also went in for blood test awaiting a opperation for a hiatus hernia my stomach is in my chest. for me i was told that it wasn't life shorting but could be life threatening do to having a low immune system ive was given the opportunity to have extra injection's to protect me i forgot to mention that i was diagnosed middle of January 2023.it's the brain fog and extreme fatigue i find hard, i am working but had to reduce my weekly hour's to just 20 PW I also suffer depression and anxiety so mentally i get it,diagnosed at 63.

• I am in Hornchurch 

• Hi folks, just a heads up…

if you do want to arrange any meet up please do not put any ‘specific’ details on the main threads as the Macmillan Community team will remove these….

Please remember that this community is an open platform so the world can see the details.

But you can use the private message section on the site.

Just click on the community name of the person you want to connect with and this will open up the members area of the site….. you will see a box with an X in it at the top right.

Click on this and you will be given an option to ‘Request Friendship’ with the person….. this person will then get a notification to accept this request and this will then allow you to talk off the open platform.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Ok thank you for the heads up 

• Hi,thats good to know,thanks for the advice Thumbsup

Kind regards 

Ali

• Thank you for your message.. I appreciate you sharing your worries, it is so very hard to come to terms with the diagnosis but we have to stay positive, take care 

• Hi just recently diagnosed too and just wrote a hi post if you want a friend I'm offering  myself 

• Hi ya.. thank you for replying and offering friendship it’s important to be able to have chats etc