Faslodex/Fulvestrant

• 17 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Hi everyone, Some time ago I asked if anyone had experience of Faslodex injections but got no replies. I found that kind of strange because I was under the impression that Faslodex was a standard treatment after Letrozole had not worked. Can anyone share their experiences with me? My story starts with breast cancer diagnosis Er+ Pr- HER2 Low in 2019 followed by chemo, lumpectomy, radiotherapy and 3 years of Letrozole. Recurrence in lymph node on chest wall, removal and radiotherapy again this year. I have been receiving Faslodex injections every 4 weeks since June. My physical checks have been fine, i.e. no further spread. However, I am having trouble coming to terms with this treatment for life or at least until it stops working. To me that sounds like it is expected to stop working at some point. It is like a dark cloud hanging over me. I wish I could flick a switch and think positive. I hear that so often. 

It would be nice to hear some comments. 

Ulla xx

• Hi , I also love that alias. I have to say to both of you that I need all the inspiration and encouragement I can get. You are a tonic for me both of you. Love and hugs to you both xx

• Yes, we need each other. Good days and bad days. Hugs Xx

• I am newly diagnosed with a single metastatic lesion in my liver . I am going to have it ablated and then begin my regime of fulvestrant,denosumab and ribociclib. Its good to hear that the drugs seem to work and life can continue with some normality . I m grateful for forums like this where people can help and understand . Its been a tough few days but I feeling hopeful . Thankyou x 

• Hi Myrasgirl, Yes, it is a burden to carry. But help is there.  I try to think of all these drugs we have to take as partners and not as adversaries. They can sometimes give us a hard time but they give the cancer beast a hard time too. Good luck. Hugs, Ulla

• It is such a shock and whirlwind when diagnosed with SBC, but I just keep thinking that at least, these days, there are options when it comes to treatment and I am grateful for that. I hope you feel better once treatment starts. Sending you strength and hugs. 

• Hi, new to this forum having been diagnosed with liver secondaries a few months back, have been on capecitabine chemo which is not great. But I’ve just found out I have both the PIC3CA and ESR1 variants so sounds like I need the Alpelesib/Elacestrant combo. Seeing my oncologist next week. The side effects sound horrific but great to know your wife is doing ok on Alpelesib