Recently diagnosed oligodendroglioma stage 2

• 15 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Looking for anyone that could give me some guidance or pointers that has gone through PCV chemotherapy to treat a brain tumour. I have had radiotherapy sessions and now need to decide if the chemo is the best way to go to continue treatment and I don’t know what to do… thank you beautiful people!!

• Everyone cannot help enough at the beginning but then they don't bother as much and then when you meet people they will say I am so sorry to hear that you have cancer and you will get bored of hearing it and we even banned the c word in the house we just call it the asteroid as its 10.5cm x 6.5cm

• Hi MariaGA. Just reading with interest your original post from a few months ago. I have a Grade 3 oligodendroglioma and am about to commence 6 cycles of PCV starting next week having had 6 weeks of daily radiotherapy. Did you ever go ahead with your chemo- and if so how did you get on? 

• Hello, 

of course, it’s now 7 months on since your post. And I’m sure lots has changed. But can you give any advice on how you got on with PCV? I’ve just started this week(day 3) and also have a Oli grade 2/3. Just trying to get some heads up on what to expect. Haven’t had radio. Thank you. 

• Hi Lou42

i’ve found it bearable thanks. The worse days are days 1-10 when you generally feel very tired. After the 10 days of procarbazine you can feel the energy returning by the day for the next 30 days when I was on no medication. I have some mild tingling in the hand and left ankle and foot which hasn’t really gone. As for the MRI results the latest one is up for debate and it’s a bit of a waiting game atm. I’m now working 4 days a week from the office. This has increased from 2 days a week. I’m d stay off work if you can for a couple of days after the chemo drip day as my memory was not good and just rest.

best  of luck with yours 

H

• Can I ask did you have any other side effects? bowels or hair loss? 

Much love