Kidney cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 133 subscribers

Hi all I'm asking on behalf of a friend really ....is it impossible for a 24 year old to have kidney cancer she's going through tests but understandably this is one of her concerns I don't know much about kidney cancer so am unable to help her :( any suggestions or ideas Many thanks 

• Hi, welcome to the community and thank you for looking out for your friend.

I would guess if they are doing tests that would suggest it is not impossible, you/your friend might like to look at the main site information on kidney cancer that might help you understand more about the tests and what they show.

I presume they have some issue that gave rise to the concern, it is good they are getting it checked out. It may of course turn out not to be cancer, but it it were that link has lots more information about what a diagnosis means, what treatments might be available and how it might affect them in all sorts of ways.

Unfortunately most of the tests take time, we all know how difficult the waiting is and it is good to be able to talk openly on here and with a good support network about our worries.

One quote I like to share is  “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.” 

I hope whatever caused your friend to start down this path is resolved soon, if it is cancer we have a great resource here to help on the path ahead.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to src60

Hi thanks for the reply ...shes been suffering from dull ache/pain especially when lying on side which is constantly there she went and had the usual test for maybe a urine or kidney infection but came back clear and negative for any infection ..so he's popped her in for test she has a 1 year old and shes worring herself  ...is it possible though or is she too young when I've looked online for her they are mostly saying it's usually found in people in 50s x 

• Sounds like they are being really cautious - and while that might cause some worry that is good. The majority of people tested don't have cancer but its good to get that off the table early. In the unlikely case they did find cancer its good to be in the right place with the right people to get the right advice/treatment as early as possible.

I can understand the challenge with having a one year old too, there are a few tips on coping with day to day life that might be relevant even in these days of testing and coping waiting for results.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• I am not sure Kidney cancer cares what age you are. While less likely at 24 than 65 anyone can get Kidney cancer.