18 Months in remission and new finding last week require further investigation - scared and terrified

• 39 replies
  • 162 subscribers

Hi All,

I had my curative colorectal resection, liver metastases resection with adjuvant therapy in 2020 and all my surveillance scans were normal from last year but as last week was my third scan which showed normality in all the areas of treatment but CT picked up a 1.5 cm soft tissue nodule in peritoneal cavity immediately below my umbilicus belly button while my CEA tumour marker is very normal 0.56 I'm bit scared and my surgeon recommended PET scan and further investigation.

Radiologist comments in CT was like "it may raise concern of peritoneal recurrence" 

Has anyone faced similar kind of problem.

My surgeon say PET may not pick up activity or it may pick one nodule or it may pick one nodule and identify if any areas.

Have anyone faced similar problem - please let me know I'm bit terrified to go down that route again as me and my family were returning from big trauma experienced in 2020 to normality from last few month even though I'm struggling with side effects of aggressive treatment and surgeries.

please let me know your opinion 

• Hope It all ends well. 

• Hi 

Hope you got some sleep last night after what must have been an exhausting day .

It sounds as though you have an excellent team there . They are taking no chances and whilst I don’t want you to have to endure more interventions , it sounds similar to my mum’s lung and removing it early has resulted in no further issues .

Hope your feeling a bit more rested and they will take good care of you .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Yes Court… slept well ! Thanks for all your support . I will keep posting the updates here so ppl know my kind of case

• As surgery date nearing Im feeling scared and emotional. I already had 3 major surgeries and been under many procedure with general anaesthesia. I  hope all ends well with good results.

• I think that’s entirely understandable. You understand what’s ahead more than anyone . My mum had a strange process . I could see her wrestle with the enormity of it all then a couple of days before she would announce she had found her focus . I must ask her what she meant by it and see if it can give you some insight . 
    I think you have a great proactive team . It certainly did end for my mum then she caught a break and one year became two which has stretched out now to six full years with nothing new . Clinically it’s a good plan and they will anticipate a good outcome . Remember in the U.K. they operate with curative intent . If they did not think that was possible trust me they tell you .

Thinking of you .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• thanks court. reassuring

• Have my lapratomy surgey today at 8 am hope all goes well . Pls pray samples turn out to be negative. They said it is major surgery will be for 3-4 hrs. Keep me in ur prayers. Love to all of tou from my hosp bed.

• Will do and all the very best . Remember these are surgeons at the top of their game surgically . 
    I will look forward to seeing you are safely through surgery and in recovery .

Hoping it’s nothing of concern too . Sending lots of peace and strength straight to your hospital bed !

Take special care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Hope you are safely back in the ward and comfortable .

Thinking of you and your family .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• yes, back in IC. Op started at 9.30 and Im sent to icu at 12.50. They said it went well they just removed the nodule, appendic, corrected scar tissues there was nothing apart from this (communicated by surgical team to my wife over phone). My wife ask is the surgeon happy they said yea.  Hope this histology comes clean. Im lucky that they did not put any drain. Im awake amd active. Thanks for asking. Will keep you posted