Starting treatment on Tuesday…whirlwind and world spinning

• 26 replies
  • 134 subscribers

I have just come back from the marsden and will be put on Fluorouracil, irinotecan and cetuximab this coming Tuesday 31 May.  Going to be admitted for 48 hours as there is a 2 week wait for the picc line (is this what most people have?)

I’m so scared but pleased treatment will start soon.  Can anyone advise on how to keep my body fighting through food without blocking up the colon where the tumour is?  Or good liver health ideas?  I need to fight with every bone in my body?  Any other advice for what to expect?  Thank you all in advance and for such kind words on my last post.  You made me feel so much bettter and also helped me seek help on dealing with the anxiety. 

• My mum knocked it down without it !

They frequently add it in when the results come through .

They are going to help you each step of the way . Hope it goes well and I will check in tomorrow to make sure you are getting on well or having a wee sleep ! Much love to your dad too .

1. Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Thank you.  Stomach

fojng flips this morning.  My daughter was in tears last night, she’s trying to be so strong bless her.  My son is still at uni which is right for him.  Can’t bring myself to pack my bag kinda makes it all so real.  I keep telling myself one day at a time.  I think all of you who are going through this too are so brave and amazing.  

thank you too Gemmary - much appreciated xx

• You tell your daughter I was much older than her with children of my own and I still have the day imprinted on my mind watching her head out to the car . My husband brought her home but not before he had gone by the local outdoor shop and she came back looking as though she was heading up Ben Lomond . She was on Oxaliplatin which reacts to cold . My first thoughts were what have you done to my mother ! But underneath the balaclava she was perfectly fine . Back in one piece and looking for some food . 

You can reassure her , mum will be back very soon to take control . That she can be sure of .

Best foot forward as my wee mum likes to say . And here’s to significant shrinkage ! The pushback begins 

Much love ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• I’m finally home after 3 nights in the hospital.  Had not tummy cramps and was dreaming of the chemo suffocating the tumours in my bowel and liver and thought how quickly it was working with no tummy pains.  I bragged a bit with the nurse and she told me I had a jab to stop possible tummy cramps of one of the chemo drugs I was given so that explains no pain!  Like a high dose of buscopan haha!  Oh well, I can only dream!  

so they took bloods and said I’ve coped well with week 1.  Have steroids for 3 days and dom for 5 days…terrible heartburn…but last dose of steroids so hopefully that will pass.  Told this is when the chemo hits the next few days?  Anyone else did that?  Found tik taks really help!  The minty ones of course….

looks like on my discharge notes that the picc line is being fitted on the 13th June, the day before the next round.  I will try not to think that far ahead…1 day at a time, oh and my mums birthday Sunday, and my daughters 15th on Friday!  Lots to be thankful for.  Anyway, have a good evening everyone.  Keep strong x