Travel Insurance

• 15 replies
  • 89 subscribers

Hi everyone,. Not quite sure if this is something tbat can be posted here. My partner has stage 3 lung cancer which is terminal and booked to go abroad sone time ago. Just wondered if anyone has experienced the dificulty in obtaing travel insurance. Although we want the right policy to cover everything we are on a tight budget. Any recomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

• Was this single trip or multi? did you do just hubby alone? 

• I had insureance from insureancewith dot com for a trip to Germany in March 2024.  There was something in their blurb that advised you to insure your whole party on the same policy.  This was because if something happened then you are guaranteed the same outcome for the whole party.  For example, say the insureancewith insured party needed to return home, then it's unlikely another insureance company would assist another member of the party, because the event would be outside their scope.  

But I had previously thought of doing people on separate policies.  

• Yes this is true I don't think ppl are aware of this. I have done myself for now as my husband is on our joint yearly one which hasn't expired yet. When his runs out I will try and add him to mine for the remainder of the term 

• It was a single trip, 10 days in Tenerife for both of us, both cancers covered and gadget cover included. We paid £115. Which I was very happy with. Would of been cheaper if insured just him but it was too much hassle.

• Dadspin: I just purchased travel insurance for a trip to Europe from the U.S., and the policy has some wording about not covering "pre-existing conditions". Just a "heads-up" on something to be aware of and investigate when shopping travel insurance.