Stage 4 hope 11 1/2 years later !

• 122 replies
  • 98 subscribers

I normally put up a post each year after mum’s scans but I got sidetracked this year .

A lot of new people facing the uncertainty of a stage 4 diagnosis. A little encouragement to those starting out , learning to live life in spite of a difficult diagnosis and learning where possible how to face a chronic condition . 
This was mum celebrating her tenth anniversary. Poor guy at the back carrying the load as he does on so many , many occasions. I do normally row but thought there was a good chance I would hit mum in the face . 

Keep pushing forward where possible !

• That has flown in . What a quick six months ! 

Mum is doing well thanks . We have managed a staycation with the wider family and had a belated catch up for some significant birthdays that covid hindered in terms of celebration. She is a bit tired but thoroughly enjoying the grandchildren!

The scans wing their way round all too soon but you will be over this one soon and back to living a good life . You are putting quite a bit of distance between the op now . Always a good sign ! 
    take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Hi Court,

I love that photo. I hope your lovely mum is still doing well.

Apologies I haven't been on the site for a while as had a few hiccups with chemo ect and needed a break. I had slight shrinkage back in April with the 3 weekly irinotecan and raltitrexed, which was pretty hard going. Few things have happened since then but to cut a long short the cancer had spread to my rt ovary (a 20 cm mass had become twisted round it,) and I was in severe pain so ended up having a laparotomy as an emergency, and my lovely surgeon said he had removed all the cancers from my abdomen, including both my ovaries. I am now off chemo. I stayed in hospital for 8 days and was discharged about 4 weeks ago. I feel so much better. They have told me I have "nodes" in both lungs seen on my last scans in June but as they haven't been biopsied I am trying to stay positive. Walking 3 to 4 miles a day and eating like a horse making up for lost time. The surgeon told me he didn't see any cancer on the peritoneum which is strange as that is what they told me all along and why I was referred to Basingstoke for HIPEC surgery. Quite bemused and confused really. Sorry for the long post but I just thought I would update you.. 

Xx 

Best wishes 
    LouLoubelle64
  • Hi 

So pleased to hear from you and delighted you have had successful surgery . The surgeon clearly has had a good look around and that’s fantastic news . Although a complete mystery !!  However a good position to be in especially being pain free ! That sounded horrendous!

You can relax and enjoy getting healthy again ! For my mum the lungs were so much easier to solve and they actually watched them for a few years before doing anything to hers ! I don’t think they can really know at the beginning as my mum had three nodules but two are benign and came after surgery and chemo . They just sit there !

Mum is doing well thanks . Getting back on her feet after the last lockdown and starting new meds but making good progress again . She was back out on the kayak yesterday with the grandkids !

I will try and upload a photo soon !

You have made my day with this piece of great news ! 
    take care ,

• Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Many thanks for your reply Court,

I am glad to hear your mum is doing so well. I am very encouraged by her spirit.It would be lovely to see a photo.

I have to see an oncologist in a few weeks and I have a feeling she will recommend I have more chemo. It didn't help me the last few times I had it, so not very keen. My liver enzymes went really high with it and really couldn't eat a lot. 

Xx 

Best wishes 
    LouLoubelle64
  • Out with the grandchildren for some fun on the water ! 
    Best foot forward and still pushing hard against the stats ! 
    Take care everyone and as ever much love to everyone navigate a difficult diagnosis! 
    Court

Community Champion Badge

• Lovely to see a photo of your lovely mum @court and @  louloubelle64 great to see a post from you, how are you doing? Xx love to both xx

• Lovely to see a photo of your lovely mum @court and @  louloubelle64 great to see a post from you, how are you doing? Xx love to both xx

• Hello  hope you are doing ok . I will pm you later x 

Community Champion Badge

• hi @court we are doing ok, you know this roller coaster ride…pleased to say hubby has regained most of his weight and fitness and we live to fight another day…xx

• Great news on the weight front but totally understand what you are saying ! 
    Watch out for a wee Pm . I need to download something first !

Thinking of you both !

Court 

Community Champion Badge