Stage 4 hope 11 1/2 years later !

• 122 replies
  • 98 subscribers

I normally put up a post each year after mum’s scans but I got sidetracked this year .

A lot of new people facing the uncertainty of a stage 4 diagnosis. A little encouragement to those starting out , learning to live life in spite of a difficult diagnosis and learning where possible how to face a chronic condition . 
This was mum celebrating her tenth anniversary. Poor guy at the back carrying the load as he does on so many , many occasions. I do normally row but thought there was a good chance I would hit mum in the face . 

Keep pushing forward where possible !

• Thanks for the continuing good wishes . It’s twelve years next month ! I am busy completing paper work for a piece of research mum is hoping to participate in on long term survival for stage 4 bowel cancer . Basically I think it’s looking to see if some people’s bodies identify it as an infection!

Hopefully she will be able to help out !

Court 

Community Champion Badge

Helpline Number 0808 808 0000

• Yes, its palliative care at the moment so every 2 weeks with the hope of some surgery on my liver if there is enough shrinkage but it is also in the peritoneal lining too which may prevent any surgery at all.  I'm staying optimistic! 

• Good on you for staying optimistic! You sound like my mum ! Your chemo responsive so anything is possible !

Have a good weekend !

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Court.  You too have a good weekend Blush 

• Thank you so much for sharing these posts.  Mum diagnosed with inoperable duodenum cancer - likely stage 4 as spread to liver last week.  You have returned a glimmer of hope to what we feel is a very bleak outlook.  X

• Difficult days for your family . Send your mum my love and sincere hope that chemo gives shrinkage and other options too!

Thinking of you all and if you ever need to chat just send me a PM .

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Court,

Haven't been on here for a while, been moving house, working etc.

Hope you and your mum are OK, it's nearly scan time for me again end of August Rolling eyesRolling eyes xx.

Xxxxx
    Bud 18
  • Are you still on 3 monthly scans ? It does not seem any time at all since your last one !
     Not be long now until those scans are getting spaced out ! 
    I am holding out for more good news and we are here to support you through the build up period . Then it will be behind you for a while !

Take care ,

Court 

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Court,

I have 6 monthly scans they do come round very quick.

Hope you and mum okay,

Your support been Exellent Thankyou

Bud xx

Xxxxx
    Bud 18