CAR-T part 1

• 2 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi all, well admitted yesterday, but staying in the dedicated hotel around the corner to UCLH , had a PICC line put in that’s two I’ve had now & one Hickman line.

Came over to the hospital at 9.30 am this morning it’s now 4pm & I’m still waiting for my chemo to be connected it has arrived so shouldn’t be to much longer. As I’m staying in the hotel don’t mind as I’d only be sitting on my own anyway. Didn’t know I would be staying in the hotel so didn’t make arrangements for our cats to go into a cattery , so hubby had to go home. Cats have special needs as they have very bad eye sight, there brother & sister while still with their mother they got cat flu & the breeder didn’t get them treated so not only bad eyes but the female still looks like a kitten & is very wobbly. 

Anyway back to me will be having three days of chemo then two days rest before I get my T cells back. That’s when when the fun starts I could end up in ICU but hope fully I will sail through it as some people do. The success rate is getting better & better for CAR-T. Chemo started 4.15pm .

Thanks John for the positive news from France very much appreciated. Will post more when I can.

Lyn x

• All the best to you Lyn

I've just started my second round of chemo at Marsden. Finished rituxumab for day and watching '100k drop' with mum and Hubbie.hope your doing okay and your cats.

Alice x

Alice x
  • ((hugs)) all round...... but excuse me not hugging your cats as I would turn bright red, my eyes would stream and I would develop a bag chest infection, but I do hope you get them fixed up.

You are a trail blazer and we are all standing on the sidelines cheering you on xx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge