Checking up on everyone

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 64 replies
  • 15 subscribers

Hi everyone. Just a shout out to see how everyone is. I managed to speak to my doctor on Friday and she has prescribed new antidepressants and sleeping tablets. The sleeping tablets don't seem to be having any effect and it's too early to know if the antidepressants will make a difference. I seem to wake up at 4.30 every morning. I finally got up at 7am. I, like everyone else, have so much going through my mind at the moment. I've been getting bad headaches and my sight seems to be getting worse. Anyway enough about me. I hope this finds you all as well as can be expected. Take care and stay safe. X

• Lymphoma covers all the 80 types across HL and NHL

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Moomy, 

Ive just read up on the cytokine storm as I’ve honestly never heard of it. Seems it used to dampen the immune system which can sometimes go haywire when attaching an infection resulting in inflammation. We still have so much to learn about this virus and I think the guidance is constantly evolving. 

Have you ventured out in the motorhome yet? There seems to be a number turning up on Exmouth seafront now. 
    Regards

Mark

• Just checking in to see how you are all doing. I have just finished painting every bit of white gloss in the house so now I will have to look for another project to keep me occupied. My husband has taken on the role of supervisor and is doing an incredibly good job.

We are just about managing to get grocery slots and we have our medication delivered. Thankfully we have a lovely garden to enjoy and are loving our nesting bluetits. Mummy and Daddy bluetit are feeding non stop and we can occasionally see a little baby beak poking out of the hole in the birdhouse. We are getting excited to see them fly the nest, we feel like they are our little adopted family.

We thought we were over this putting our lives on hold,  so our biggest concern at the moment is how long this is going to last. I know there is no answer so we are just trying to make the most of it. I think it will be longer judging by the way others are not obeying lockdown. Our neighbours have continued living their lives as if nothing has happened. We are amazed by the number of visitors they have received throughout this.

Luckily we are retired so don't have finances or children to worry about. My heart goes out to all of you at this dreadful time.

Stay safe

fanilow

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Brew,

I am also 6 months post SCT and my 12 weeks comes to end 

on the11th June and I’m not sure what happens then ?. I have heard that some people have had second letters for another 12 weeks shielding who are high risk . I am a carer so going back to work for me could be difficult as my clients are all vulnerable or high risk themselves. 
    I hope you are all well , stay safe .

jfd3165 x

• Hi , up in Scotland we have been told that further guidance will be out soon........ I personally am not expecting an immediate change in the shielding restrictions as it is still early days in the development of this virus Disappointed

Stay safe not sorry.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi everyone. I hope you are all ok and coping with lockdown as best as possible. It certainly is a difficult time. I am still shielding as per guidelines. I don't know how long for. I haven't left the house since 20 march. I long to see my family in the flesh rather than video calling. One day soon, I hope.

Stay safe and well everyone.

Jaffacake (Jane)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi Mike ,

How are you ? Thank you for your prompt reply .
    I haven’t heard anything down here other than the government guidelines.I have been shielding since 11th March but furloughed until the 21st June .Im not expecting to go back to work until July at the earliest, as you say frustrating but better to be safe . 
    Do you or anyone go out for exercise ? There’s some woods near us that are very quiet in the evening you don’t usually see a soul I’m wondering whether I would be safe to do that ? 
    Take care keep well.

Julie - jfd2165

• Hi Julie, we are great and this amazing weather we have been having is making the last 73 days ok....... mind you the garden is looking amazing and I have some material coming next week to put up a new back door deck that has been in my to-do lists for 20 years.

We stopped going for walks at about day 65 as the forest behind us became very busy so thought why take some the risk but I have been averaging 2500 steps a day just doing little jobs.

But my wife goes for short walks to pick up stuff from our pharmacy and Coop but does put on a mask and gloves just to be safe and she works from home so no problem in that area.

I would be happy to walk in a deserted or near deserted forest so it is worth you considering this as all these guidelines are advice at the end of the day.

Yes, will be interesting what our Nicola eventually says about shielding but on Thursday this week we should be able to go visit one family householders (or a family come to our house) but can only sit in the garden observing the ongoing distancing and hygiene rules...... but cannot enter the home even for the toilet so we may have a drive out to see our granddaughter as they live in the country and hardly sees a single person so have been in shielding by default 

Keep well.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Julie, 

daughter has been shielding for longer than she has officially been told to, about a week before anyone else as she realised she'd have to.

They too visit a wood a little way away which is normally pretty deserted, just for a change and to let their puppy have a good run. We met them and went there too, kept well over 2 metres away from each other, stayed sat outside our individual camper vans to chat (it was almost a loud talk/yell, we were that far apart!) It was so great to see her in person, she said she welled up when she spotted us arriving! We had stuff for her, which we were able to pop on her step and then stand back for her to collect and put away. She isn't coeliac but does now and then have some sensitivity, and as Asda had sent us gluten free plain flour as an alternative to SR flour in one order, we were glad to hand it to her. 

Hubs and I have been good, too, I'm very aware that as he's diabetic and has some cardiac problems, having a pacemaker, he is quite at risk of being severely unwell, so we've kept at home as well, particularly as we are both over 70. Staying at home or nearly always so, has meant we've been busy, and have kept as fit as possible too, I still do a daily yoga session, often early morning out in the garden, usually stretches, I also have tried to do some marching/jogging on the spot but we've recently been taking down a tree which is causing problems so have been in need of rests rather than exercise! 

Stay well and stay safe, I won't say stay alert as its meaningless!

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi everyone,

Keep hanging in there. Neither myself, my wife nor my 3 kids have left our property for over 10 weeks now and it is definitely not easy. I am so thankful that they decided to shield with me, but it is not sustainable in the long run. I am really hoping to see some relaxation of the guidelines as I am desperate to see some different scenery than my back garden!

All the best

Greg