Katy post sct

• 21 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi guys,

I don’t often post on here now but I still follow people- but just thought I’d give everyone an update and to show to everyone that has had a stem cell transplant that it might seem like a huge mountain to climb but you do get there- it’s a year past October since Katy had her sct and she couldn’t really enjoy Christmas with Emilia as she was still in very early recovery stage- tired, nauseous, bald, but leukaemia free. 
a year on and she is amazing, she is back to work as a children’s nurse- working on the day surgery unit for less infections- she feels good, and she’s been able to enjoy all the pre Christmas things with Emilia who is nearly 2 now. 
so here is a photo just to let people see that life after sct does get better! 
Merry Christmas Everyone x

judith

katys mum

• We live in Inverness and my SCT Unit was in Glasgow so it looked like we were going on a world cruise when we left to go down for the 28 days.

As it was a 9hr round trip my wife got a room next to the ward. I was ok company until I had the Melphalan then I was out of it (including ICU a few times) so I did not actually remember much about that part so my long suffering wife could well have not been around.

But she was as at times she was making me get up, making me have showers, trying to get me to eat and when required - showing tough love.

Staying in bed for long periods of time means the recovery takes much much longer.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge