Scared for daughter’s upcoming Stem Cell Transplant (Auto)

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Is it normal to feel so scared after you’ve been through the risks /side effects.

19 year old daughter due ASCT soon.

worried as her lung function is a little below average due to damage from Lymphoma.

any positive stories out there?!

thanks

• Hi Greg

Thank you for the message. It's just hard knowing we can't do anything to make our son better all we can do is support him and keep his spirits up. 

Hayley 

Hayley 
  • Hi Greg

Thank you for the message. It's just hard knowing we can't do anything to make our son better all we can do is support him and keep his spirits up. 

Hayley 

Hayley 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I went into my allo sct with lingering pneumonia. It wasn't ideal but i survived! And auto scts are usually easier to recover from, if i understand correctly. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cyprusfan

Thanks for your comments.

we found out last Christmas Eve so it’s been a lob year. 
    good luck to your son.  We are still waiting for date but just want it over with.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks you 

sorry for late response but I cannot seem to get on this site very easily without having to find the link on a Facebook comment by Mike Highlander so I can return to the site.

• Hi Ruth, you most likely have not indicated how you want to receive email notifications (good old (GDPR) when someone replies on your post or any of the other posts in the SCT Group.

You need to go to Manage Notifications and change your settings. Finding it will depend on what type of device you are using (phone/computer/tablet) but if you hit YOUR forum name this will take you to your profile and have a look on this page as this will give you your recent posts etc.

You can down load the Community on your device as a link or if all fails go the the main Macmillan web Site and look for the Online Community Link and this will take you in to the site home page and you should see a list of the groups you have joined.

Tell me if you are still struggling x

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge