CAR-T

• 12 replies
  • 13 subscribers

HI All, Well got a date to have my CAR-T treatment at UCLH . I have a consultants appointment on the 19th August & go in for the treatment on the 27th. I think day one will be putting in my line then I get chemo for three days, then three days off before treatment starts in earnest. Don’t know how long I will be in hospital taking my iPad with plenty of books & games on it, may not be up to doing anything though. Also got a portable DVD player so can take lots of DVD’s in as well . Will need to take a large suitcase in with me. 

Will let you know how I’m getting on when I can.

Lyn x

• Thanks John, nice to hear every positive bit of news makes me feel better about the coming weeks. Was up at UCLH on Monday & if there is a bed I will be going in to start my treatment next Tuesday so a week early. Had a very positive meeting with my consultant so that helps too.

Lyn x

• Hi Lyn, just incase you have got that early bed, here is some more positive news to help, from the French cohort where the first 60 patients with dlbc have now gone through treatment and initial signs are good for most so hang in and we look forward to an update when you are up to it.

John 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are