Chronic Itching Post-Auto Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT) for Hodgkins Disease

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 10 subscribers

All,

I have not been following this site in a couple of years (good news) but wondered whether anyone who has had an Autologous Stem Cell Transplant has suffered from chronic itching following the ASCT (like a graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) type of side effect).

I have had 4 clean scans since my ASCT (Jan 2017) so we are pretty sure that this is not a relapse situation (chronic itching was one of my original symptoms), but, while having GVHD like effects is very unusual with an 'auto' transplant, it is not unheard of.

Has anyone had this sort of experience?  If so, do you have any recommendations on how you treated the skin issues.

While I don't have typical GVHD blood markers, we have been treating it with immunosuppressants (Neoral) and steroids (not a long term solution).

Many thanks,

James 

• Hi again James,

So sorry things have taken this turn; but at least you're somewhat wiser.....I really was hoping that ECP would help you, I know it takes time to get it all sorted though, so sorry it had to be stopped before you really knew if it was helping. This wretched virus has a lot to answer for! 

Hope the meds keep things under control for the interim.

Hugs xxx

Moomy