Carer - supporting 20 year old daughter - relapse of Hodgkin lymphoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

Hello ....so my story....Just when we thought life was going well 3 years on from original diagnosis and wham! It’s back.  Really struggling with this as my daughter is now an adult and with COVID things are so different.  I know we’ll get through this again but it’s the impact on younger siblings and others around us that worries me but also angers me.  I feel like I’m stepping out of our lives again to deal with this again. I've heard so many cliches about how strong we all are, we’ve done this before and it’s just a blip!

Just want to communicate with likeminded people BlushBlush

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am always sorry to see folks finding us and so sorry to hear about your daughters HL relapse.

Having been diagnosed in 1999 with a rare NHL and had many relapses and get your feelings but talking with others on the site I know there are roads to follow to get through this.

Talking with other people who are on the same type of journey does help a lot.

The Community has various support groups and I see that you have found a few, can I also direct you to our Hodgkin Lymphoma and I see you have joined our Stem cell transplant group, these are the places where you will connect with others walking the treatment journey both as patient or family.

I have been through two donor Stem Cell Transplants and the SCT Group has a few HL folks in the same position.

It’s always good to talk - our Macmillan Support Services provides lots of ways to connect. The service is open every day 8am to 8pm and it's free to call on 0808 808 00 00. Clicking here will give you more information.

You can also email them, use the online chat and we also have our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for our expert team to reply.

Always around to help.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Click to see how to add some details to your profile

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge