Lung Cancer

• 1 reply
  • 60 subscribers

Hi, newbie here and first time poster, I was told a couple of years ago about a trace of cancer in one of my lungs although I was seeing the consultant neurologist on an entirely different matter. He sent me for PET scans and came up with this. With all this COVID-19 I have had to wait for the treatment he said he would be getting me on, This week I go for my third session of immunotherapy and not looking forward to it, I have got a bit worse each session not too bad just feeling absolutely rotten, my trouble is the cancer is being hidden (I don't know) by my other condition Sensory Ataxia. So I am in a quandary really as to which illness is annoying me more.

Ricky

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and ongoing issues but I am pleased to say that you have found a safe place to find some support.

A cancer diagnosis indeed brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but I found talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helped a lot. 

The Community has many dedicated support groups so can I direct you to our supportive Lung Cancer Group.

Follow the link I've created above, join the group, then hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go.

You could then copy and paste the information from this first post into your new discussion or you can just join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'.

It’s always good to talk, so can I highlight the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge