Breast cancer

• 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

Hi I’m very new all this , but just after some advice . I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2020 had a Lumpectomy in February  all went well , I delayed treatment because of coronavirus for 4weeks , I have Had 3 cycles of EC chemotherapy every 3 weeks and coped ok with it , I have now started tolxol and Carboplatin weekly for 9 weeks , does any one have advise on having in weekly , I’m worried if there is enough time to recover in a week 

thanks x 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis but I am pleased to say that you have found a safe place to find some support.

A cancer diagnosis indeed brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but I found talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helped a lot.

The Community has many dedicated support groups so can I direct you to our supportive Breast cancer group.

Follow the link I've created above, join the group, then hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go.

You could then copy and paste the information from this first post into your new discussion or you can just join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'.

It’s always good to talk, so can I highlight the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge