Living after treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 57 subscribers

I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in match this year just 7 months after having my little girl. I'd had a complicated delivery which lead to further investigations with the outcome something I never expected to hear.

I dont think I have actually dealt with hearing the words you have stage 2 cervical cancer because as soon as I was diagnosed we were suddenly in lockdown due to covid.  I have finished my radiotherapy and chemotherapy but found this extremely difficult as I wasnt able to have anyone there supporting me or asking the difficult questions to the consultant thay i was too scared to asked because I'm not sure i wanted to know the answer. 

I am 13 days post treatment now and still seem to be struggling with everything. My body is physically exhausted and I'm not sure what to do to stop feeling so tired all the time. I am falling asleep at the strangest of times and places. Please tell me this is normal...

• Hi and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and treatment journey but I am pleased to say that you have found a safe place to find some support.

A cancer journey at any stage brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but I found talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helped a lot.

The Community has many dedicated support groups so can I direct you to our supportive Cervical cancer group.

Follow the link I've created above, join the group, then hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go.

You could then copy and paste the information from this first post into your new discussion or you can just join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'.

It’s always good to talk, so can I highlight the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00 This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge