Post breast cancer surgery prosthetic

• 3 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Following a benign lump removal 48 years ago; I was diagnosed with breast cancer in August last year.  I had a lumpectomy, and Sentinel lymph node removal, followed by 15 x radiotherapy sessions and am taking Anastrozole daily.  As this was a second surgery, I’m rather lopsided and would appreciate any advice for the most suitable ‘cup filler’, as I do have part of my right breast still intact.  Can anyone help, please?

Thank you, Brenda 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing but I am pleased to say that you have found a safe place to find some support.

A cancer diagnosis indeed brings a lot of confusion, stress and many questions but I found talking with other people who are on the same type of journey helped a lot.

The Community has many dedicated support groups so can I direct you to our supportive Breast cancer group.

Follow the link I've created above, join the group, then hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go.

You could then copy and paste the information from this first post into your new discussion or you can just join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'.

It’s always good to talk, so can I highlight the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 00 00. This service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Morning Mike (The Highlander)

Just wanted to say thank you for replying to my initial enquiry and for pointing me in the right direction - much appreciated.

Two lovely ladies have replied with excellent advice that I will be following up on.

Having access to this community is a very helpful tool when finding yourself navigating uncertain and unchartered waters.

With warmest wishes 

Brenda

• Good morning Brenda from a rather wet Inverness.

So good that you got a post up and you have some responses already.

Yes, the Mac Online Community is a safe place to meet folks who are walking the same path as you and find out that you are not alone during these challenging times.

Wishing you all the best and warm Highlander ((hug))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge